Job Posting – Energy Resource Planning ConsultantJob Posting Date: September 1, 2022 Submittal Deadline: Open Until Filled
nFront Consulting is seeking a talented and experienced consultant to help expand nFront’s resource planning services supporting our energy industry clients. The Energy Resource Planning Consultant will utilize sophisticated analysis tools, including industry-standard planning software, and develop custom models to understand and assess the economics and environmental impact of alternative resource plans. This consultant will also support a broad range of other studies and consulting services related to the planning and operations of electric utilities and other energy industry entities. This role will involve working on solutions to some of the most important energy-related challenges of the day.
The consultant will engage with energy industry clients to develop and prosecute studies primarily to understand and assess future energy markets and the energy resource portfolios that best meet their objectives. Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Business Development. Assist with managing existing client relationships and developing new clients and contribute to marketing and proposal efforts.
- Project Work. Manage projects and lead aspects of project execution as part of a team, including data gathering; engineering, economic, and technical analysis; maintaining project schedule; and developing high quality reports and other deliverables.
- Leadership and Practice Development. Train and mentor junior staff and develop tools and techniques to continually improve the firm’s resource planning practice and stay ahead of our clients’ needs.
nFront Consulting brings together experienced energy industry consultants to provide our clients with high-quality, creative, and strategic solutions to complex energy issues. We are a growth-oriented company interested in attracting and developing talented, technically-capable, and highly motivated management consulting professionals. We serve utilities, public power agencies, generation and transmission project developers and lenders, and other utility-related interests. We support our clients in the areas of planning, implementing, and managing resources, performing technical and economic evaluations, and formulating strategies to meet future market conditions and regulatory requirements.
Minimum Requirements include the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Economics, or related field
- 10-15 years in electric utility planning, either as a consultant or on utility staff
- Experience with one or more industry-standard resource planning software platforms, including PLEXOS, EnCompass, PROMOD, Capacity Expansion, System Optimizer, or others
- Experience with modeling both fossil-fueled and renewable resource technologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- High standards of professionalism and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
Preferred applicants will be able to demonstrate all or portions of the following experience and capabilities.
- Consulting experience
- Network of senior-level electric utility contacts through which consulting opportunities may be developed to continue to grow nFront’s energy consulting business
- Master’s degree or other post-graduate work in Engineering, Economics, or related field
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
Location is flexible. nFront Consulting is founded on a business model that enhances the quality of life of our employees and reduces the environmental impact of our work. We have employed the latest in communication and data storage and sharing technologies to allow our employees to work from home offices while accomplishing all contracting, document management, and client communications in electronic form. Applicants must be able to demonstrate an ability to provide space for a full-time, professional remote office with a high-speed internet connection. Occasional travel to client sites and for internal business purposes may be required.
Competitive and commensurate with experience; includes competitive benefits and performance-based incentives.
Submit resume via email to CareersEP@nFrontConsulting.com