Job Posting – Senior Regulatory ConsultantJob Posting Date: September 1, 2021 Submittal Deadline: Open Until Filled
nFront Consulting LLC (“nFront Consulting”) is seeking a highly motivated senior regulatory consultant with 10 to 15 years of experience in the electric utility industry. It is anticipated that the Senior Regulatory Consultant would be capable of advancing into the leadership role of nFront Consulting’s existing regulatory service offering within a two- to four-year time frame.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Lead wholesale electric ratemaking studies, including electric wholesale cost of service, rate design, and formula rate development and annual reviews
- Review, analyze, and develop wholesale regulatory filings pertaining to cost of service, financial, and related technical matters
- Effectively analyze complex issues and summarize results for decision makers
- Prepare written testimony
- Prepare and deliver meaningful presentations and reports
- Conduct research for project assignments
- Work independently, participate on project teams, and manage/lead projects
- Interact directly with clients and other nFront Consulting staff
- Leverage existing and develop new client relationships to generate new business
- Participate in marketing efforts (e.g., conference attendance, cold calls, responses to RFP, etc.)
nFront Consulting brings together experienced energy industry consultants to provide our clients with high-quality, creative, and strategic solutions to complex energy issues. We are a growth-oriented company interested in attracting and developing talented, technically-capable, and committed consulting professionals. We serve utilities, public power agencies, generation and transmission project developers and lenders, and other utility-related interests. We support our clients in electric power and transmission regulatory matters. We also support our clients in the areas of planning, implementing, and managing resources, performing technical and economic evaluations of potential assets and programs and formulation of strategies to meet future resource and regulatory requirements.
Minimum Requirements include the following:
- Extensive experience with electric wholesale cost of service, including rate design and structures, cost allocation and functionalization methodologies
- 10-15 years of experience in the electric utility industry
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business or related fields
- Experience interacting with decision makers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- High standards of professionalism and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Effective project management, mentoring, and leadership skills
Preferred applicants will be able to demonstrate all or portions of the following experience.
- Consulting position in the electric utility industry
- Ability to leverage existing and develop new client relationships to generate new business
- Preparation and/or review of wholesale production, transmission and ancillary service rates and charges, including formula rates
- Working knowledge of Open Access Transmission Tariffs and related technical, policy and regulatory matters and Regional Transmission Organization markets and related rules
- Expert testimony preparation
- Professional Engineer or Certified Public Accountant credential
- Production and transmission planning and retail electric cost of service preparation
Location is flexible. nFront Consulting is founded on a business model that enhances the quality of life of our employees and reduces the environmental impact of our work. We have employed the latest in communication and data storage and sharing technologies to allow our employees to work from home offices while accomplishing all contracting, document management, and client communications in electronic form. Applicants must be able to demonstrate an ability to provide space for a full-time, professional remote office with a high-speed internet connection. Occasional travel to client sites and for internal business purposes may be required.
Competitive and commensurate with experience; includes competitive benefits and performance-based incentives.
Submit confidential resume via email to CareersEP@nFrontConsulting.com or via the dialogue below.